Sunday, January 22, 2017
Notes to Self
1. Beauty is there, in every moment. You may need to look within to find it, but really, it's there before your eyes. The challenge is to see it and name it and give it staying power through art.
2. Yes, beauty can be squandered, damaged, defiled, wasted, even destroyed. But it also has a way of passing on its own. Try to see the passage less as passage and more as transition. A new beauty will arise.
3. Be an agent of arising, not an agent of squandering.
4. Seek the bridge between the beauty within and the beauty without. That is the thing tyrants always miss.
5. Every day is a new season.
6. Most of all, remember, remember, remember: We name ourselves. The word hole that spews carnage is the word hole of carnage incarnate.
of broken things