Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Approaching Vibrancy at the Gallery at 14 Maple, Morristown, NJ

http://www.morrisarts.org/2018/02/27/gallery-at-14-maples-all-woman-artists-exhibit-approaching-vibrancy-opens-march-15-2018/

Two of my collages will be included in the Approaching Vibrancy exhibit at the Gallery at 14 Maple in Morristown, New Jersey. The open is Thursday evening, March 15, from 6:00-8:00. I am so excited about this!

I have learned so much in the past year, filling notebooks with small collages as a way to work out some poetic ideas (first with the Lavinia poems, then with the "ancient songs of us" poems). I'm still working on elements such as balance—but aren't we all? I have found collage artists whose work I admire, and I am trying to learn from them.

This little collage here is not one of the pieces in the exhibit, but it's one of my favorites. Hope to see friends at the opening! Hope to make new friends, too, and learn from the inspiring artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment