Friday, September 15, 2017

Voice

I'll be part of a panel discussion (with lots of poetry being read during the discussion, as well) on the topic of "Poetry and the Definition of Voice," tomorrow, Saturday, September 16, as part of the Milford Reads and Writers Festival in Milford, Pennsylvania. Thanks to Norma Bernstock for assembling this panel and leading the discussion, which, besides Norma and me, includes poets Martin Farawell and U-Meleni Mhlaba-Adebo. This event is free! Come see us at the Dimmick Inn in Milford, PA, from 2:00 to 4:00. 

I've got a new poem that I might read, some Lavinia poems, some Thoreau poems, and some poems by some of my favorite poets, all with an ear toward what constitutes "authentic voice" in a poem. It should be a wonderful discussion/reading! See you at the Dimmick tomorrow afternoon.

www.milfordreadersandwriters.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment