Wednesday, April 26, 2017

What Is Poetry?

A poem is a small but powerful interval of a world, characterized by order and beauty, with grief made small enough to hold in one's hand. 

That's one of my radical assertions (well, mundane suggestions) that I'll be offering and supporting with numerous examples in my presentation this coming Friday, April 28, 2017. You are invited! Yes, you! Because of course, if you are reading this, you want to know what poetry is, and why poetry is, and how poetry is. 

Please join me at Sussex County Community College in Newton, New Jersey, in the Atrium of the Performing Arts Center (that's Building A). I'll begin at 1:00 and we can go until 2:30, with (I hope) lots of questions, fueled by the cookies that will be provided!

I will have books for sale, and we'll celebrate Poetry Month and everyone will leave newly inspired.

See you there!    

No comments:

Post a Comment