Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Conversation

A lecture on the history of modern art yesterday by my brilliant colleague Michael Hughes now has me wanting to revisit every museum I've been to, to see anew all the paintings that might indeed have something to say to me but for which I previously did not have the words with which to hold up my end of the dialogue. "Art isn't just for the eyes; art is for the mind," Michael says.

"Now it's time for your contribution to this dialogue," I wish I could add as a little tag at the end of my poems. It's your turn, reader, to make this collection of words a conversation.

Even in silence, lots needs to be said.
Especially in silence, lots needs to be said.

*

as
if
in
this
light
we
ever
had
a
chance

*

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful call to action .....or non-action. Definitely gives us all something to think about.

    ReplyDelete